Be a part of our front line team, supporting, educating and inspiring young LGBT+ persons and those around them.
You will need to be:
- Attentive to listen and assist young persons in making informed decisions without telling them what to do.
- Kind so that you can build a positive professional relationship with a lasting impact.
- Affirming, as you will place young persons experiences and needs at the core of the engagement.
- Authentic so that you are true, genuine self within a professional framework.
- Committed to the values of the organisation.
- Enthusiastic to inspire confidence and trust.
Our mentors deliver support in different programmes depending on their availability and interests:
- During our youth club sessions (Wednesdays 6pm – 9pm and Sundays 12 noon – 3pm) where all mentors are committing for at least twelve months to either Wednesday or Sunday and strive to be present for a maximum number of sessions within that time (permitting for holidays and illness of course)
- During Summer Camp for the whole week in August plus training day in July.
- During Winter Retreat for three nights in February half term (mid week).
- One to one mentoring in schools and organisations supporting more in need young LGBT+ persons who can’t come to the Centre for diverse reasons. You will have one to two young persons that you would be meeting once a month to catch up within their school environment.
All mentors are subject to reference checks and enhanced DBS check. You will not be able to engage with any of the services until all of those are received.
Please note we do not offer ad hoc volunteering. All corporates wanting to engage in corporate volunteering should contact our director: [email protected]